I’ve been wanting to try a variation of this recipe and finally got the supplies to create the ultimate breakfast taco. It was extremely easy to execute and was very filling. I added what seemed like mounds of scallions and cilantro as I can’t get enough of them. The creaminess of the avocado paired with the peppery bite of the radish made great additions to your standard eggs. Breakfast will never be the same.
2 Tablespoons Milk
1 Bunch Cilantro
1 Red Pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
8 Flour Tortillas
Hot Sauce (optional)
1. Wash all fresh produce.
2. Trim off and discard the roots of the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, separating the white bottoms and green tops.
3. Chop up pepper into small pieces.
4. Remove cilantro leaves from stems and roughly chop.
5. Discard leaves and root end of radish. Thinly slice.
6. Heat 1 tablespoon of EVOO to medium in large pan. Add peppers and white part of scallions. Stir occasionally for about 5 minutes or until softened.
7. Whisk eggs with a fork until yolk is broken up. Add milk. Add salt and pepper to taste. While the peppers and scallions continue to cook, add eggs; continuously scrapping the pan with a spatula.
8. While the eggs and pepper/scallion mixture cook, cut avocado into thin slices. Add salt and pepper to taste. Watch this video on how to perfectly cut an avocado.
9. Heat tortillas in microwave. Trick: sprinkle water on two paper towels and place tortillas in between. Heat in microwave for 10-15 seconds.
10.Fill tortillas with eggs, avocado, and radish. Top with green parts of the scallion and cilantro. Add hot sauce (optional).