[vc_row full_width=”” parallax=”” parallax_image=””][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]Like many blogs that I follow, I have no idea how I discovered Detoxinista. Since reading her blog, I purchased her cookbook and it has yet to disappoint. I especially appreciate the beginning of the book where Megan discusses the importance of not only what you eat but also the order in which you eat it to allow your body to properly process and digest. Here is my slightly modified version of one of my favorite Detoxinista’s recipes, energy bars:
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1 cup of cashews
- 1 cup of shredded coconut (I used sweetened)
- Blend raisins until they form a sticky, pliable base.
- Add cashews and shredded coconut to raisin mixture and blend until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and flatten the raisin, coconut, and cashew mixture and press into lined pan.
- Freeze for 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer and cut into bars.
- Store in fridge.
*Tip: once you cut the bars, layer them with parchment paper to prevent them from sticking to one another.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]