Greek yogurt has become a staple in our kitchen. It’s a great, healthy substitute for sour cream and for oils in baking. When layered with berries and homemade granola, it makes the perfect breakfast or snack. This granola recipe is super simple and can be made in bulk for future use for granola bars, trail max, or as a dessert topping.
1/2 cup coconut oil
2/3 cup honey
scant 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups dry oats (old fashioned or instant)
1. Preheat oven to 300 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, add melted coconut oil, honey, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon. Stir well to combine. Add oats and mix very well to coat them thoroughly.
3. Spread oats evenly on baking sheet and bake until golden and toasted, about 30-40 minutes. Rotate pans every 10 minutes and toss granola around for even browning. Granola will firm up more once removed from the oven.
4. Let cool thoroughly, then store in airtight containers for up to several weeks.
5. Layer yogurt, berries, then granola.
Recipe adapted from The Carboholic.